I took advantage of my last Christmas Holidays to paint more WWII guns in 15mm from Forged in Battle. There are 9 of them (6 for Desert Rats and 3 for Deutsche Afrika Korps), including artillery, anti-aircraft and anti-tank guns. In my humble opinion the FiB’s miniatures are one of the best, aren’t they?
To paint the British guns I used Desert Yellow 977 like base color and I worked the lights with Iraqui Sand 819 and a bit of white. On the other hand, to paint the German guns I used the same colors, but afterwards I used the «sponge technique» to simulate the original dark grey color used in German vehicles (note, German material was originally painted in grey at that time, and then quickly re-painted in dark yellow). I used Dark Grey 994 for this purpose.
- Uniform: English Uniform 921 and lights + Desert Yellow 977
- Helmet: Desert Yellow 977 and lights + with Iraqui Sand 819
- Webbings: Tan Yellow 912, Flat Brown 984 or black
- Uniform 1: Chocolate Brown 872 and lights + Desert Yellow 977
- Uniform 2: English Uniform 921 and lights + Desert Yellow 977
- Uniform 3: Yellow Green 881 and lights + Desert Yellow 977
- Uniform 4: 887 Brown Violet and lights + white
- Helmet: Desert Yellow 977 and lights + with Iraqui Sand 819 + chipping with Dark Grey 994 (using a sponge)
- Webbings: Flat Brown 984 or black